Stake per block?

• I'm still new to the proof of stake type of cryptocurrency, so I apologize if I don't understand this.

I just want to know about the 0.5 BRO that we're supposed to received per block. On the home page of bitrad.io, it says if we leave our wallets open for staking, we get 0.5 BRO per block. I haven't received any of that. Is there something else I have to do in order to receive that or am I misunderstanding? Thanks.

• Hi,
    I have the same question. We're supposed to keep the Bitradio BRO wallet open then getting some 0.5 Bro. I read somewhere that a minimum of BROs are needed to be able to enjoy this feature. But, how much BRO are needed ? thank you

• Not sure. I think I read 1 BRO somewhere, but I have 3.4 BRO and I still haven't gotten that "bonus"

• Check:

• Unlock the wallet
      . One thing I noticed that every time you exit and re-open the wallet, you need to "Unlock the wallet for staking".
      Check the "Lock" icon on the bottom right corner of the wallet.

• Check the estimated reward time for staking
      . There is a "Lightening" icon to right of the "Lock" icon on the bottom right corner of the wallet.
      Hover your mouse cursor over it, and it will provide you with an estimate of "Expected Time to earn rewards: xx "

• Reward Lotto
      . It seems the PoS works like lotto tickets. More coins (lotto tickets) you hold, more chance of winning.
      Here is an article I found: https://agroff.github.io/posv/

Hope this helps.

• My wallet has been unlocked since I started. And we're not talking about staking an entire block. The website specifically says that anyone that leave their wallet open for staking will receive 0.5 BRO per block mined. Its right there on the front page.

• @fsi1212 The more BROs you have, the more possibility you have to get 0.5BRO. Staking seems lottery...
    You have too small amount of BROs. That's the problem.....

• Go look through your transaction history. I have been mining BRO for about 5 weeks. I have about 31 coins. I have been unlocked for staking that whole time. In your transaction history a staked coin reward will show up as "mined". I have "mined" only 2 of the .5 BRO coins this whole time. Its not every block you will get this staking reward.

• 0_1502552578972_upload-1fd1b665-ee0a-4a73-8af2-7edf4429ee3a

Taken from the home page. Nowhere does it say anything about staking a block. It says that everyone that keeps their wallet open will get 0.5 BRO per block. To me that means every block mined, every user who keeps the wallet open should get 0.5 BRO.

• administrators

First all of your BroCoins must be Mature enough so you can be involved in the proof of stake. You should have minimum 1 bro.
    Go to your wallet > Help > Debug Window> Console and type: getstakinginfo and information about your stake will comes up, is it either Enabled or Disabled.

• Yep they are mature. I didn't deposit any into the wallet. Its all been gained from listening to the online radio. And yes my staking is showing as "true". The way its worded means to me that we should get 0.5 BRO for every block mined, regardless if we staked it or not. That's just how the English language works.

• @fsi1212

@fsi1212 said in Stake per block?:

Yep they are mature. I didn't deposit any into the wallet. Its all been gained from listening to the online radio. And yes my staking is showing as "true". The way its worded means to me that we should get 0.5 BRO for every block mined, regardless if we staked it or not. That's just how the English language works.

Words can be bent and deceiving!

After reading a bit on the net:
    Only one wallet will get that 0.5 BRO, the one that hits the block(they conveniently left that info out).
    So you are playing lottery with all the others who have their wallets open.

This happens every 2 minutes and 5 BRO are created, 4 go the radio distribution, 0.5 gets shared amongst master nodes based on their weight(again, you do not get 0.5 per block individually) and the other 0.5 to the lucky guy who hit the block with his staking wallet.

Pretty sure I got that right but I stay very open for correction.

• ...and here is an informative link: http://coinmaker.co.uk/bitrad-io/

• Could I ask you @all what is your "Expected time to earn a reward" / your BRO amount / your weight ?

I just don't understand how this works : my expected time keeps moving up and down during the day. I have 12 BROs, my weight is 11 and my expected time varies from around 40 to 60 days.

Does anyone here has ever won a reward from staking ?

• @davador
    Total network weight varies every time... For example
    If you have 100000BRO which can be staked and total network weight is 400000, your expected time to earn a reward will be 2min(block time) / (100000/400000) = 8min....
    , which means you have possibility of 0.25(=100000/400000) every 2min to get reward.

If you have 1000BRO and total network weight is 400000, your expected time to earn a reward will be 2min(block time) / (1000/400000) = 800min= 13.3hours

• @yonseiyes
    Thank you, this is very clear !

Looks like your connection to Bitrad.io was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.