Forgotten Wallet's Pass Key!

• How I Can Restore It With My Private Key? Please, I Know Its Annoying, But I Tried Almost Everything & I Couldn't Change It! Is There A Command, Or What? I am Beginner, You Know!

before you make any experiments you should backup your wallet.dat.

FAQ - quick answers

then you you can move the existing wallet.dat out of the folder.

when you start the wallet it will create a fresh one.

after these steps you can import your privatekey, wich you backuped before

FAQ - quick answers

if you neither have the private key nor remember the password there is no way to get the coins.

• Thank You, Bro Anyway! I Got It! I Was Missing A Letter...I Even Changed It To An Easier One!...

Isnt that good, when some1 gets access to your wallet.dat

Try saving the private keys in a safe place like a Bank Tresor so only you have access to it, or maybe your kids, when you die one time... It's also easier to recover the coins from a private key than from decrypted wallet.dat

Me having just 2 different wallet.dat files... One decrypted with my big money on it (3 parts of the private key stored in different bank accounts) and an uncrypted one with the coins I use daily... Every time the daily amount reaches a certain amount I move some of the coins to the storage address... So No1 can ever steal a big amount of my coins.

When you a t like this for every crypto you own you will be always save and only be able to lose a certain amount, that doesn't hurt... Also it prevents you from using your crypto for certain things, cause you will think twice if you open/reindex your other wallet.dat file to spend these coins.

For any kind of Donation/Thank you or something else you can use this BRO-Address: BUsEA8MpnBvhi14eEZMfX75XeSF15agi2L ;)

• Wouldn't it be wise to store the private keys and password in a password manager like Keepass? I store 2 keepass files, one in my USB drive (offline) and one in my MEGA account.

One warning though: Never access a Keepass file from two file syncing computers or devices, it will corrupt it. And that's why I also keep one file offline.

• Wouldn't it be wise to store the private keys and password in a password manager like Keepass? I store 2 keepass files, one in my USB drive (offline) and one in my MEGA account.

One warning though: Never access a Keepass file from two file syncing computers or devices, it will corrupt it. And that's why I also keep one file offline.

It could be wise... When you can secure you NEVER lose you KeyPass masterpassword. Maybe save all your Private Keys in there and secure the Password for it in a save place (bank tresor) for future reachables...

For any kind of Donation/Thank you or something else you can use this BRO-Address: BUsEA8MpnBvhi14eEZMfX75XeSF15agi2L ;)

• It could be wise... When you can secure you NEVER lose you KeyPass masterpassword. Maybe save all your Private Keys in there and secure the Password for it in a save place (bank tresor) for future reachables...

You could store in a bank safe but it won't be smart for me as I have less than $1000 in all my cryptowallets combined and maintaining a safe costs money too. As mentioned before, I have at least two copies, one in a server, MEGA sync, and another in my USB drive (and a third on my phone). Yes, if you forget the master password, you're kinda screwed but honestly, I think you're smart enough to keep it safe somewhere inside your brain and somewhere else in case if you want some other people access to it.

Just curious: do you have any better solution for storing hundreds of passwords?

• You could store in a bank safe but it won't be smart for me as I have less than $1000 in all my cryptowallets combined and maintaining a safe costs money too. As mentioned before, I have at least two copies, one in a server, MEGA sync, and another in my USB drive (and a third on my phone). Yes, if you forget the master password, you're kinda screwed but honestly, I think you're smart enough to keep it safe somewhere inside your brain and somewhere else in case if you want some other people access to it.

Just curious: do you have any better solution for storing hundreds of passwords?

Nah not really... I see it from my girlfriend... She writes down every password she have and she just have 3/4 different ones...

Me have also just 3/4 different ones for everything not worthy. They are saved in my Google Chrome with a masterpassword decrypted... Anything regarding Money (more than a few thousand euros) has its own individual password which is created with any sentence or stuff like that regarding the purpose. So every time I use it I remember the phrase and can create the password to the service... Also when having more than 10k in cryptos you should save them on cold storages created offline snipped in 2 or 3 parts and store them in different places... One at my home one at my parents home and one in bank account e.g. so no1 has ever access to it without breaking all three places...

For any1 with low amounts passkey is great and my dad trys all the time to get me to use it too, cause he is impressed. My biggest reason against was all time the cloud based all time accessable sync from Google which I use on every device I have... when passkey has it 2 I will switch, cause I can't use a USB device everywhere (like on my phone or at my work (usb ports are disabled for normal user accounts for safety reasons)